Yesterday was my birthday, so I can now proudly say that I successfully survived another rotation around the sun. I feel somewhat mixed when it comes to birthdays, with experiences ranging from "I'm a princess! Shower me with gifts!" to "Holy crap, what am I doing with my life?"
Last year on my birthday, I wrote a post that was crazy long list of things I had done that year, and I thought I'd try that again this year. So here we go, in no particular order, an abridged list of things I did during the Earth's last orbit:
- Wrote a web series about best friend ghosts with my writing partner Corinne called Life, After
- Raised over $22k to fund Life, After on Kickstarter. (And also made these silly videos to go along with the campaign)
- Filmed Life, After with an incredible team - 10 episodes in 7 days
- Started an LLC and opened a business bank account with Corinne
- Also made a very silly video series called DIY Friends for iaf.tv with Corinne (they're on my videos page)
- Finished a first draft of a feature screenplay, Scattering Jake, that I actually like (although it still needs work)
- Advanced the the quarterfinals of the Academy Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting with aforementioned screenplay.
- Submitted to four different contests/fellowships
- Booked five commercials (Push Pops, Zaxby’s, Match.com, Twist, NFL Fantasy Football... also all on the videos page)
- Auditioned for way more than five commercials and had a good number of callbacks.
- Acted in two different educational video series
- Acted in two different comedic web series (that were NOT created by me… haha)
- Had a general meeting at a cable network with Corinne
- Quit my part-time “survival job” of 7.5 years
- Started practicing and performing with a new, super fun improv team called The Hounds
- Took another Advanced Study class at UCB
- Attended nearly 100 Bar Method classes (#obsessed)
- Ran the Brooklyn Half, my third half marathon (and slowest time yet… it happens)
- Became fans and season ticket holders of NYCFC with my boyfriend and attended a whole bunch of games at Yankee Stadium, two at Red Bull Arena, and one at RFK in DC with Paul’s parents
- Went to two weddings and two (different) engagement parties
- Visited Canada with my family and celebrated my grandfather’s 90th birthday
- Celebrated Thanksgiving on a Delaware beach
- Performed in the premiere of the Jazz Mass for World Peace that my mother composed
- Did the most fun improv show of my life with Corinne and our friend Megan, wherein we came up with the phrase “Space Boat”
- Made LOTS of Blue Apron meals
- Had a terrible stomach virus (not related to the Blue Apron meals)
- Watched too much (or not enough?) television
- Hit snooze on my phone alarm an insane number of times
- Became obsessed with Hamilton and have lost the lottery twice so far
- Successfully did Escape the Room with friends, which is the most fun thing ever, and we're doing another one soon
- Locked myself out of the apartment multiple times (thankfully, Paul works nearby, and Corinne has keys)
- Had a wonderful birthday dinner at my favorite restaurant with friends
So here's to another year... and my final chance to make a 30 Under 30 list.
I'm a princess! Shower me with gifts!