Have you seen the commercials I've been in over the past year or so? Would you like to watch them all back to back, with primarily the shots including me? If you answered yes, should I be uncomfortable or flattered?
I've edited together a new commercial reel! Here it is for your enjoyment:
I'm running the Brooklyn Half for the third time on Saturday. (My fourth half marathon.) Wish me luck! I would say I feel tepid about my level of preparedness. While I'm planning to rely on the Hamilton soundtrack to get me through this year's race, I'm generally a big fan of listening to podcasts while I run... or while I do any sort of mundane or boring task, really. Since it's a topic that's come up in many conversations, here's a list of the podcasts I'm currently listening to (grouped together in a way that makes sense to me):
- This American Life, Serial, & Radiolab (the obvious ones)
- Planet Money & Freakonomics Radio
- Reply All, StartUp, & Surprisingly Awesome (all from the company Gimlet—check out all their other shows, too)
- NPR Politics, FiveThirtyEight Elections & On the Media (they help me make sense of this presidential election season)
- Embedded & Invisibilia
- Scriptnotes (This is a little inside baseball for screenwriting, but if you're a writer, it's really fantastic)
- KCRW's The Business (Also inside baseball for the film business, but a good way to stay up to speed on industry stuff)
- Fresh Air
If you're new to the world of podcasts or haven't heard many of those shows, check them out. Also, I welcome recommendations!