Let's play a little catch up...
Okay, as promised, I'm going to give a super abridged list of life and career highlights that happened in the span of time that I stopped posting about them... which is pretty much since the end of 2016. Here we go (in attempted chronological order):
- My screenplay Scattering Jake was a Top Ten Drama Finalist in the 2016 Final Draft Big Break Contest.
- Some friends and I drove down to Washington, D.C. to attend the first Women's March. It was awesome and inspiring.
- Corinne and I went on a trip to Los Angeles where we took some of those elusive ~meetings~ that people in LA seem to always be talking about. It was a really nice chance to connect with some of our contacts in person and to see other friends who have made the Westward move.
- While in LA, I had my bachelorette party!
- Scattering Jake was a finalist for the NYU Richard Vague Production Fund, so I had to give a presentation on the project. While I didn't win anything, I DID come down with the worst stomach virus of my life later that night. Fun!
- I got married! It was amazing and perfect, and I can't believe Paul and I almost coming up on our first anniversary.
- On a similar note, Paul and I went on our honeymoon to Bermuda! Which was also amazing and perfect. (Gross, I know, I'm sorry. But it was!)
- I also went on some fun family trips to Canada and Arkansas, as well as little getaways to the beach and Storm King.
- I started teaching at the brand new Bar Method Williamsburg, thereby completing my mission of consolidating my daily life to an approximately fifteen block radius of Brooklyn.
- Corinne and I were named notable writers in the 2017 New York Television Festival for our pilot script Unfinished. If you're familiar with Life, After, then you know the basic gist of the premise. (Two women die and become ghosts.) But in the half hour pilot, there's a little more tension between the characters that they have to work through. Anyway, we had a blast at NYTVF and made lots of new friends.
- Which brings me to the fact that Corinne and I are now part of an amazing writing group! Some of the fine folks we met at NYTVF joined up, and we've been meeting weekly to read our work, share feedback, and offer emotional support. (Writing is hard, you guys.)
- Corinne and I also (partly thanks to the writing group) finished a first draft of our (very silly) comedy sci-fi feature script, Spaceboat.
- Mentioned this in my last post, but it's a big deal, so I'm saying it again... I dyed my hair red!
- I booked and shot a commercial.
- Paul and I got in deep on a Marie Kondo-inspired house reorganization project to ring in the new year.
- I visited Charleston for a friend's Bachelorette (and subsequent wedding in Nashville).
- Scattering Jake won 2nd Place in the 2017 WeScreenplay Feature Contest.
- I just wrapped up directing a comedic industrial project.
I think that will suffice for an overview. I'm excited to see what this year will bring, and I will make a commitment to posting exciting, or even moderately interesting, news on a more expedited schedule. So check back for more!